The University Motoring Club and the Student Union provide a van for the use of all students. The prices are kept below those of commercial rent-a-car companies. To rent the van, you need to be a member of the Student Union and of course are required to have a driver's license valid in Finland. Departments and faculties may not rent the van. Students may use the van for clubs' and guilds' purposes.
Student Union office, tel. 3115 2073.
Reservation and keys
Motoring Club (TTMK)
Billing and servicing the van
1) Book the van at http://www.ttyy.fi/palvelut/pakettiauto
2) Possible cancellations must be made (not later than) one week prior to the date of use
3) Get the keys from the office (during office hours) shortly before driving
4) Remember to enter the startup mileage (kilometer reading) to the driver's log book in the van
4.5) When opening the doors turn the key twice to open rear and side doors
5) Check the van for possible damage caused by the previous user
5.5) Fill the tank with diesel fuel at Shell Hervanta, if necessary. Inform the salesperson that you've fueled up TTMK's van - They know the deal and the bill goes to TTMK
6) Drive safely and take special care of the van's right side in narrow spaces
7) Fill out the driver's log (name, address, end kilometer reading)
8) Return the keys to the office as soon as possible (10 a.m. the next day at the latest)
9) The bill will be sent to you at the email address you specified in the log book, or you can tick a cross in the book to get the invoice by snail-mail. It may take as long as 2 months before you get the bill, so please specify such contact information that is valid at that time.
1) 9,0 e / beginning 3h + 35 c/km
2) "Night Rate" - If you take the van after 5 p.m. and keep it at least until 8 a.m. the next morning, the time-based charge is reduced into half: 4,5 e / beginning 3h + 35 c/km
The prices include diesel fuel. The minimum invoicing is 12 e and the term of payment is 14 days. If you wish to receive the invoice as a letter insted of email, an additional fee of 1,5 e is charged. The time-based charge is billed according to the reserved time, even if you returned the van earlier. If you need the van for a longer journey, please contact the billing (email@example.com). before driving to get a bargain price.
Due to mishaps occured earlier we are unfortunately forced to
introduce the following "fine print" practice:
Finding out inarticulate contact information costs an additional 2e, Student Union will collect 40 e for delayed return of the van or keys. The minimum billing of 12 e will follow an overdue cancellation of the reservation. A reminder with 5 e "extra" will be sent by mail, if the payment is overdue. If you damage the van, you will be required to pay the insurance deductible plus 35 e/day while the van is out of use due to repair. You can avoid paying the 35e/day by reporting of the damage as soon as possible and you will only be required to pay the insurance deductible.
- You keep the van for 3 hours and drive 7 km:
9 e + 7 * 0,35 e = 11,45 e -> minimum billing 12 e
- You keep the van for 9 hours and drive 18 km:
3 * 9 e + 18 * 0,35 e = 33,30 e -> bill 33,30 e
- You keep the van for 6 hours and drive 95 km:
2 * 9 e + 95 * 0,35 e = 51,25 e -> bill 51,20 e
- You take the van at 5 p.m., return it at 8 a.m. the next morning and drive 65 km:
"night fare" 5 * 4,5 e + 65 * 0,35 e = 45,25 e -> bill 45,20 e
The rental van is a white Ford Transit model year 2010, registration number FJN-864. You'll find the van at the Konetalo parking lot. It is on the western side of the building at place #70 (map). The van (model 350M) features front wheel drive with traction control, ABS and studded tires during winter. The engine is a 2.2-litre 85hp turbodiesel. Dimension
Tuukka Kauppinen, service and technical issues
Joonas Karjalainen, club chairman